Things are heating up, and we’re not just talking about the weather. The Chef Summer Recipes Series for today is Cilantro Lime Marinated Skirt Steak and it comes from Javier Fuentes, executive chef at Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steak House in Chicago, Illinois.
Many of the ingredients needed for the Cilantro Lime Marinade can be found in your herb garden. No garden? No worries. You can pick up fresh cilantro, garlic and limes at your local supermarket.
Cilantro Lime Marinated Skirt Steak
3 Cilantro Bunches
1 Garlic Clove
1 Lime, juiced
2 lbs Skirt Steak
2 tsp Kosher Salt
1 tsp Black Pepper
2 cups Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Add cilantro, olive oil, garlic clove, juice of one lime, salt and pepper into a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Place marinade into a zip lock bag and add steak.
3. Marinate steak in refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
4. Grill skirt steaks on preheated grill for 5-6 minutes each side.
5. Serve with grilled jalapeño, onion and tomato.
What’s your favorite summer marinade for steaks? Share your recipe in the comments.