Summertime is in full swing and showing no signs of slowing down. We’re continuing the Chef Summer Recipe Series with Chef Bob Kalish in Charlotte, North Carolina. One of Chef Bob’s favorite dishes to prepare during a heat wave is Kurobuta Pork with Grilled Stone Fruit.
Kurobuta pork is regarded as the highest quality pork in the world. The rich, deep flavor, tenderness and juiciness is unrivaled by any other type of pork. Kurobuta pork can be found at a local butcher shop.
Kurobuta Pork with Grilled Stone Fruit
4 Pork Chops, lightly seasoned with salt and pepper
1 Peach, halved
1 Apricot, halved
1 Nectarine, halved
6 Cherries, halved
1 Plum, halved
4 oz Spring Mix
3 oz Peach or Apricot Jam
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1. Place cut fruit on a preheated hot grill for 1 minutes to caramelize outer flesh of fruit.
2. Remove fruit from heat, set aside.
3. Season grill with oil and place pork chops on grill.
4. While pork chops are cooking, place spring mix in a mixing bowl with olive oil and fruit. Gently toss ingredients together.
5. When pork chops are cooked to desired temperature, generously brush on jam and grill for another minute.
6. Remove from heat and place pork on plate with grilled stone fruit salad.
Have you ever cooked with Kurobuta pork? Share your experience in the comments below.